Electronics and communication engineering
EC-1403 microwave engineering
1. what are the basic types of directional couplers?
2. list the application of waveguide twist
3. list out the high frequency limitations of bipolar devices
4. five the major disadvantages of IMPATT diodes
5. distinguish between )-type and M-type tubes
6. write the assumptions to calculate the RF power using reflex klystron osc
7. what are the losses in microstrip line?
8. distinguish between hybrid and monolithic MICs
9. list any two sensors used to measure the power
10. what does VSWR determine?
11).a.i.Derive the s-matrix for E plane Tee
ii)Prove that it is impossible to construct a perfectly matched lossless reciprocal three port junction
(b)(i)List the charc of hybrid Tee when all the ports are terminated with matched load
(ii)Discuss briefly on faraday rotation isolator
12(a)(i)with equivalent circuits describe the power frequency limitations of microwave bipolar transistor.
(ii) describe the various modes of operation in Gunn diodes
(b)(i)distinguish between IMPATT,TRAPATT and BARITT
(i)list the advantage and limitations of parametric amplifiers and the advantage of parametric up converter
13(a)(i)discuss briefly on klystron tuning
(ii)compare the features of velocity modulation and density modulation.
(b)(i)describe the gain characteristics of TWT amplifier
(ii)derive the Hull cut off magnetic and voltage equation
14(a)(i)describe the effective dielectic constant, characteristic impedance and guide wavelength of microstip lines.
(ii)list the merit and demerits of planar transmission lines
(b)(i)describe the four types of materials used in MMIC fabrication
(ii)explain the steps involved in MMIC fabrication process
15(a)(i)how do you measure VSWR through return loss measurement
(ii)explain the slotted line method to measure the impedance
(b)(i)how do you measure the dielectric constant of a solid using waveguide
(ii)draw the experimental set-up for s-parameter measurement of magic tee, and explain.
more question papers